Thursday, December 01, 2005

quasi-girlfriend

NBM was a control freak.

he was used to women wanting him and making it clear to him when they did. when i refused to be his girlfriend, he called me his quasi-girlfriend instead.

when i was his quasi-girlfriend, he wanted to know me. when he finally broke me, he knew me too well and said things like "i don't want a girlfriend who...."

the more he knew me the more he realized how UNcontrollable i was, and i was no longer "girlfriend material" to him. so he ran and came back and then ran and came back again.

this is essentially the story of the last four quasi-relationships i've had.

when they become boys who i thought were men in pieces on my apartment floor, all i can do is feel bad for them. all i can do is watch them rue anything and everything they did to hurt me. all i can do is watch them wait for me to say it's okay, but my pride never lets me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home